“Home is a shelter from storms-all sorts of storms.”-William J. Bennett
As the wall between the home and the world crumbles, homes have taken a new meaning in 2020. What earlier used to be a place to rest and recharge after office, school or sports has now become our office, school, gym.
With people spending more time at home, it needs to be as sturdy as possible. Hence materials that have a longer life-span and are easy to maintain should take precedence over fragile and high maintenance materials. Also, now more than ever we know the importance of hygiene and keeping the house clean every day.
We believe that ceramic and porcelain tiles will play a greater role in post-pandemic construction as they are more robust and versatile as compared to marbles, paint, wallpapers, and the likes. Read on to find out the added advantages of tiles and why they are the perfect choice for post-pandemic homes:
- Environment-friendly: Since tiles have a hard and solid surface, it doesn’t tend to attract dirt, pollen, dust, or other allergens. Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emitted by non-ceramic building products can contribute to a wide variety of health problems. Because ceramic tile is produced (fired) at extremely high temperatures, producing what is called an “inorganic” material, it has zero VOCs.
- Easy maintenance: Tiles are resistant to water and abrasive substances, hence they can be easily wiped clean with water and a soft cloth. Tiles are not stained easily, so they don’t need much thought if swept regularly. Marble, being a porous stone, is prone to absorbing water or abrasion by acids or alkali, and hence needs to be maintained with utmost care.
- Water resistance: You have worked hard to make your dream home become a reality, only to see in a span of 6 months that your walls are damp and the paint or wallpaper is starting to wear off. We can only imagine the pain that you go through after coming across that appalling sight. Tiles are water-resistant and for all practical purposes make a better choice over wallpapers and paint.
- Versatile: Tile is a one-stop solution for your every need. The material can vary from ceramic to glass to porcelain to stone and with different patterns and in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Tiles are versatile as they can be installed in any area or room of your home even as shower wall tiles. You no longer have to worry about excessive moisture or sunlight coming in contact with your floors.
- Affordable: Tiles are as affordable as it gets. You can regulate your budget according to your pocket. A simple permutation and combination will tell you that there are thousands of designs to choose from for every corner at home. Tiles can be bought ready-made and installed instantly, thus being low on both cost and installation time.
At “The Tiles House”, we offer a wide selection of high-quality tiles online for bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms, terrace and front elevation, exclusive designs, expert staff, and amazing customer service. Visit our online store at www.thetileshouse.com and browse for your new tiles at any time. When choosing the tiles for your home make sure to be true to your tastes and style to create something truly unique and distinct, with whichever tiles you choose.